Yesterday I told you that we were going to find out if we’re having a boy or a girl this morning. Well, we did. However, let me first give some back story. When I took the pregnancy test for this pregnancy, I watched as the second line immediately appeared. In disbelief I said “I’m having a boy.”
Later I found out that my husband and both of our mother’s initially thought baby numero dos was going to be a boy.
Somewhere over the last few weeks, most of us changed our minds. I was pretty certain this baby was a girl. Then a few weeks ago, I decided that I had no idea.
My husband pretty much stuck to his initial thought that it was a boy though.
I asked big sister if she was going to have a brother or a sister, and she said “siser” every single time.
Big sister helped decorate the box.
We asked our parents what they thought new baby is right before we told them.
Our family is growing by two big feet this summer, and our girl is going to be a big sister to a little MISTER.
This week has been wonderful! Baby is fluttering around like a little butterfly. Most websites say that babies are under 7 ounces at this stage, but we had our second ultrasound today, and our baby is measuring in at 10 ounces!! Baby’s heart rate was 155 beats per minute, those sweet little arms and legs were moving all over the place.
I’m still craving sweet, and I’ve still only gained three pounds. My doctor said that everything looks wonderful!
Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for…..
And if that is not clear, here are some shots of our gender reveal cake that we shared with our parents tonight…
WE ARE TICKLED PINK!
From the moment I knew I was pregnant, I knew that “it” was a SHE! Guess mama knows best, huh? If you voted on my poll in yesterday’s post you may have seen that Girl had the most votes. Seems like most people had the same hunch that I did. I know that my husband, my mom, and mother-in-law were all seeing pink.
I’ll write a separate post about what her name is later. There’s enough excitement in this post already!
So this is a big week in our household since we get to find out what the gender of our little sprout is.
There are many wives tales that I’ve encountered along my nearly 19 week journey and below are some that I’ve tested.
1. Girls steal beauty from the mother. I’ve had acne like a teenager for the last four and half months so I would say this one points to GIRL.
2. If you carry low then it’s a boy. I’m already having trouble buttoning some of pants because of my belly. But the baby is still right at or just below my naval, but we’ll ignore that and say a this point this suggests a BOY.
3. If the baby’s heartbeat is above 140 beats per minute then it is a girl. Every time we’ve been into the doctor’s office to hear it, it has been over 140 so GIRL.
4. If you have cold feet and dry hands then it’s a boy. Despite the fact that it’s winter in the mountains, my feet have been colder and my hands dryer than usual, BOY.
5. They say if you crave sweets then it’s a girl. I only want sweet juice and sugar all day long, GIRL.
6. If you do not look pregnant from behind, it’s a boy. I’ve heard from several people that I barely look pregnant from the side and not at all from behind so BOY.
With these odds we want to know what you think. We have our hunches, but these old wives tales sure do make it confusing. So cast your vote about what you think baby sprout is.